Friday, April 24, 2015

Cool, hot, cool

Busy day yesterday; left the OR at 1715.  Thankful that I'd cooked enough the night before to have left-overs ready for the microwave.  Otherwise it would have been a crackers and cheese supper.

The weather took a return to winter temps, i.e. mid thirties to mid forties.  Surprisingly the temps in my apartment have stayed down in the mid sixty range where I have the thermostat set.  This is odd enough to make me think that the management might have turned of the boilers.  To test my assumption, I turned the thermostat up to 67.  The temperature in the apt. was 65, exactly where I had the thermostat set.

I was in bed at 1955, with the knowledge that an early morning start in Geneseo would be better served if I got 8 hours, or there-abouts sleep.

At 2300, when my first awakening came about, I felt warmer than is comfortable for me and so got up and checked the thermostat; 77.  Hmmm.  Got a drink of water and turned on the overhead fan in the bed room and slipped back into slumber land.  At 0200, I was sweltering.  Got up, checked; 81.

Well I guess that answers the question of whether or not the boilers were off.  I opened the sliding door to the deck and the bedroom windows, turned on the floor fan in the living room and drew in some of the 33 degree outside air.  I went back to bed and in no time felt the need to cover up, and miraculously, fell back to sleep 'til 0400 when my alarm woke me.

No comments:

Post a Comment