Friday, April 17, 2015

Road trip Fridays



Worked later than usual in the OR yesterday, (add on cases pushed two rooms over) and got to the apartment at 1630. and as easily predicted, was tired.  Too tired, unfortunately to go to the gym and do an hour on the elliptical.

Because Fridays mean a drive home to Morristown, if perchance I finish work early, say before 1400, I try to minimize my chance of fatigue for said drive.  So, I pulled some almost expired egg rolls out of the freezer and heated them in the oven for supper, at 1700, and washed them down with a 7 oz. of merlot.  At 1845 I was too tired to do anything but sleep, and by 1900 was cutting ZZZs.  As usual I awakened at 2230 but not so awake that I didn't drift back to a reasonable slumber.  By 0300 I was wide awake, but satisfied that I could claim 8 hours of restful sleep.

Dreams?  Not often that I have any recall of dreaming.  Last night I remember I dreamed, but not the specifics, (I waited too long to write it down after awakening) but Tom Hutchinson was the main character in the last scene I recall.  (Tom is a childhood chum I haven't had contact with since high school graduation,)

The schedule for today, when I left yesterday, was lite, but that changes with each tick of the clock, so this morning it may look quite different.  Fingers crossed that we finish early today.  If not, it'll be a 0300 A M. drive home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment