Thursday, April 23, 2015

The same different story

I felt compelled to get to the gym this week since I'd slacked off for 2 days.  Resorted to my old admonition; just go to the gym, get on tread mill and go slow for a few minutes.  It usually works and yesterday was no different.  I followed my on-line trainer's prescription and ran 5 miles on the treadmill.  But the surprise was running at the 9:1 run/walk pace suggested.  Legs were tired but the surge of mental satisfaction was reward enough.

When I returned to the apartment the couch called me again, but it was still early and I was awake just before 5 pm and went straight to the kitchen to prepare a descent supper; salmon fillet, sweet potato, and broccoli.  One, yes only one 7 oz. glass of wine and 1 glass of water.

I felt alert and satisfied so I took up the book I'm reading and read for a couple hours and at 8 o'clock when I should be fighting off the sandman I was wide awake with no sense of sleepiness.  So I picked up a different book and read for another hour,  It's now nine o'clock and I'm worried that I'll get insufficient sleep if I stay up much longer.  I did feel that I might be able to find slumber if I went to bed and , sure enough, sleep came as quickly as ever once I lay my head upon the pillow.

As is easily predicted; I was totally awake at 0324.  6  1/2 hours.  We'll see, but I'm think a nap is in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment