Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Let's try this again, and again



Sleep, sometimes elusive, comes upon me like an avalanche; it's 4 pm.  I take to the couch and pull a blanket over me and, instantly, oblivion overtakes me.

6 pm, I'm awake, fully awake, but bloggy (foggy and bleary eyed,) and take 5 minutes to gather my wits.

8pm, wined, fed, and read, now to bed.  Again the fingers of Morpheus touch my eyelids and I am embraced by Hypnos.

12 midnight.  Alert, refreshed, released from restful, dream filled slumber; better get up, no sense laying here with wandering thoughts of dismay.

A glass of water,  a bidet stop and a 15 minutes break.  Perhaps, perhaps.... okay, let's try; back under the sheets and, wondrously, asleep 'til a 4 am alarm jolts me to consciousness from a dream.

A lucky Day for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment